Several HBCUs To Get IBM Cybersecurity Centers

The centers will be housed at Xavier University of Louisiana, the Southern University System, North Carolina A&T, South Carolina State, Clark Atlanta and Morgan State universities. 

05.24.22
Several HBCUs To Get IBM Cybersecurity Centers (YR Staff)

ChicagoSix HBCUs in the south will be getting the first IBM cybersecurity centers to help train underrepresented communities. 

The centers will give students, staff and faculty access to modern technology, resources and skills development, according to ABC News. The centers will be housed at Xavier University of Louisiana, the Southern University System, North Carolina A&T, South Carolina State, Clark Atlanta and Morgan State universities. 

“(The center) will further enhance our ongoing activities on several key areas, including cybersecurity, data science analytics, cloud computing, IOT, blockchain, design thinking, quantum computing and artificial intelligence," said Dr. Nikunja Swain, chair and professor of the Computer Science and Mathematics Department at South Carolina State. 

IBM plans to expand the centers to at least 20 HBCUs.