Content in partnership with Washington Square News

NYU Game Design Programs Ranked No. 1

The NYU Game Center was named the best school for game design out of 150 surveyed institutions, according to The Princeton Review’s 14th annual rankings.

04.11.23
NYU Game Design Programs Ranked No. 1 (NYU Game Center via Washington Square News)

New York City, NYby Caleb Pisoni

This story was originally published on New York University’s Washington Square News.

NYU offers the highest-ranked game design program, according to new rankings from The Princeton Review. The NYU Game Center, housed within the Tisch School of the Arts, placed No. 1 across game design schools in the U.S., Canada and seven other countries in both the undergraduate and graduate categories for the first time this year.

“If there’s a secret formula to getting to the top of The Princeton Review, I want to give credit mostly to our students and our alumni, especially the ones who have just graduated,” Naomi Clark, who chairs the Department of Game Design, told WSN. “NYU is, right now, experiencing record highs in the number of graduates who are getting jobs or going on to other educational programs in the first year after they graduate. You’re doing a fantastic job, everybody — great work!”

The NYU Game Center aims to encourage the exploration of games both in a creative and cultural context, and offers courses in design, development and other areas.

The survey included over 40 questions on topics ranging from academics, faculty, technology and graduate employment. NYU’s graduate-level game design program had ranked No. 1 once before, in 2019, but the undergraduate program topped the rankings for the first time this year.

Read the rest of the story at Washington Square News.