Content in partnership with Washington Square News

Why NYU Students are Obsessed With the Beli App — and Why You Should be Too

This restaurant ranking app has taken over the New York City food scene, and NYU students have eagerly taken a bite at it.

10.17.23
Why NYU Students are Obsessed With the Beli App — and Why You Should be Too (Qianshan Weng via Washington Square News)

New York City, NYby Lauren Ng

This story was originally published on New York University’s Washington Square News.

It’s late on a Friday night. You and your friends are trying to decide where to eat, but the discussion is running in circles. Everyone insists that they’re “down to eat wherever” despite the unspoken mutual understanding that most people actually do have a preference. Enter Beli — the up-and-coming restaurant-ranking app revolutionizing restaurant culture, shining a spotlight on both interaction and individuality.

Since its launch in July of 2021, Beli’s popularity has blossomed within New York City’s foodie scene, and NYU students have gotten in on the hype. The restaurant-ranking app invites its users to log and rate spots they’ve dined at, and generates recommendations based on individual users’ documented preferences. Doubling as a social media app, Beli allows users to follow friends and check out public reviews. 

Co-founders Judy Thelen and Eliot Frost had been developing Beli since 2019 and launched it two years later following a pandemic-induced delay.

Read the rest of the story at Washington Square News.