Voluptuous Volume: Episode 7

08.06.14
Voluptuous Volume: Episode 7
Voluptuous Volume: Episode 7

Today on Voluptuous Volume we had our seventh show of the session! DJ Rippit, DJ Prima Lonna, and DJ Tavi played a variety of songs from their very ow playlist. Joseph and Aidan started us off with a commentary concerning the violent events happening in Gaza, and learning challenges Aidan faced as a child. Followed by a PSA by Heaven on Youth Radio's academic advisors and the support they provide. Next, Milan provided us with a interesting round table on technology in public schools. Finally Inlari, Kofie and Lizzie gave us a new cast on how people spend their down time and healthy strategies on controlling you health, kidnapping, and oil spills.

Youth Radio Raw is a weekly radio show produced by Bay Area youth ages 14-18. Students work in partnership with adult professionals to learn the basics of journalism, music production and multimedia.

For photos of the show, you can go to Youth Radio’s Flickr page www.flickr.com/youthradio.

Check out a live tweet of the show by following @YouthRadio and searching for #YouthRadioRaw on Twitter.

DJ #1: DJ Rippit

Newscasts: Inlari, Kofie, and Lizzie

Music Playlist:

Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know

Santigold - Fame

Basement Jaxx - Scars

Backronym - Better Than You

Coldplay - Viva La Vida

Ariana Grande - Problem

Sia - Elastic Heart

Pharrell - Come Get It Bae

DJ #2: Prima Lonna

Roundtable: Milan

Commentary: Joseph & Aidan

PSA: Heaven

Music Playlist:

Trey Songz - Dead Wrong

Elle Varner - Cold Case

Jazmine Sullivan - Dumb

Kehlani - Lock It Up

Kehlani ft. Tia Nomore - Or Nah (remix)

Tori Kelly - Dear No One

Trey Songz ft. Nicki Minaj - Touchin, Lovin

DJ #3: Tavi

Commentary: Kenyah

2Pac - Hail Mary

Jeremih - Don't Tell Em

Teefli ft. Chris Brown - Main Chick

YG - Just Wanna Party

Lil Boosie - Show The World

Lonely - Lonely Day

Multimedia Team:

Photographers: Justin and Kai

Design Manager: Angie and Richard

Social Media Manager: Seth and Kensha

Web Managers: Toni and Nanette