Ableton Live 9 Suite

10.17.14
Ableton Live 9 Suite
First Successful Mix in Ableton Live 7

By Max

Ever since I was a kid I loved to play music and compose it, so naturally I got into music production software. I have tried many music programs, like Reason, Frootyloops and FL studio. Some programs are easy to use, some very difficult. Some looked bad and some looked good but finally I found a program with the perfect balance between moderately easy and ridiculously hard.

The program I found is called Ableton Live 9 suite. It is a very user-friendly music program but hard to use at the same time. The default interface look is grey with some yellow and some darker shades of grey but you can customize colors that come with the program and then there are downloadable themes as well. In the bottom left corner, there is a box that if you hover over anything in the program with your mouse it will describe what the thing you’re hovering over does and how to use it, but even with all the help that the program gives you it is a hard program to get used to. It offers a wide variety of sounds and filters. Plus like every other music program you can add sounds and filters and much more.

One bad thing about this program as I mentioned earlier, it is a hard program to get used to and to figure out. Only because there is so much that you can do, like if I tried to fit everything that this program is capable of in this review I would be on this mic for days. But once you get the program down, you won’t want to use any other program again. Over all, Ableton Live 9 suite is my favorite music production program and I highly recommend it to people who are interested in music and making it.