Animal Cruelty

10.28.16
Animal Cruelty
6247393183_34c3cbd1ed_z

Every year, about 1 million animals are abused or killed by humans, yet many people are unaware just how bad animal abuse and testing is. Harm is done to all kinds of animals, small and large. Animals are tortured for the clothes we wear, food we eat, products we use, and in the name of science and entertainment.  It is unregulated and has grown into an extremely big issue.

Today, many people are oblivious to the fact that things as simple as the shampoo they buy or the toothpaste they use may have been tested on animals - you might be surprised by how many products you use that have been tested unethically. I have a dog who suffered from neglect before we adopted him. I can’t bear to think of him being abused, and I’m sure all pet owners who love animals feel the same way. I am disgusted by the fact that people completely disregard animals when they skin them alive, force-breed them, force them to fight each other, and think of them as entertainment or profit.

Animal abuse has different forms, such as testing, deliberate abuse, and neglect. Deliberate abuse can be beating, stabbing, shooting, setting on fire, throwing, burning, poisoning, etc. Neglect is not giving an animal the food, water, shelter, and vet care it needs. Animal abuse also includes wildlife that are considered “pests” and exotic animals captured to be “pets” that should be left in the wild.

Animals should not be treated in this way. They, like us, are living beings who can feel sadness and pain, and this is a fact that we can’t ignore. Learn more about animal cruelty and ways to help, and make a difference in the lives of the animals who can’t speak for themselves.