Black Panthers Can Make a Difference
When I first heard about the Black Panthers my dad said they walk around with guns and protected black people. My auntie said they were smart and beat the system at their own game.
The Black Panther Party was a revolutionary black nationalist and socialist organization in the United States from 1966 until 1982. They also had an international chapter in Algeria from 1969 until 1972.
By 1966, black communities around america experienced a lot of rebellions. In cities like Harlem, Watts, Chicago, Detroit, Oakland. They were all rebelling the same things high unemployment, bad housing, police brutality, poor health care, and substandard educational opportunities within the Black community. They all agreed things need to change but not on how to solve the problems. Not knowing how to solve these problems, Huey P. Newton & Bobby Seale formed the Black Panther Party for Self Defense in 1966.
I think If they were still here today black society would not be the way it is today. I think we would be different because they were all about unity.
- What do you know about the black panther party?
- How would you feel if the Black Panther Party started again?
- If they were still here today what do you think the black society would be the way it is in this time period?
- What do you think motivated them to unite in 1966?
- What do you think would motivated them to unite again now?
- How would you feel as a black female if the black panthers party started again?