Book Review: Stolen by Lucy Christopher

06.13.14
Book Review: Stolen by Lucy Christopher

By Ivy

Have you ever been taken somewhere where you didn’t want to be? I have recently read Stolen: A Letter To My Captor by Lucy Christopher. this book was first published in 2009, in the UK.

Stolen is told in the form of a letter from a girl named Gemma to her kidnapper TY. 24-year-old TY kidnaps 16-year–old Gemma in a coffee shop in the Bangkok airport, after he drugs her coffee. TY then takes Gemma to the middle of a desert in Australia, where he keeps her hidden several miles away from all civilization. She cannot escape without getting lost. TY was in love with Gemma for many years with out her knowledge. After a few times trying to escape, TY finally opens up to Gemma about how he found her, his life before her, how he protected her, and how much she means to him. Through out her journey with him, Gemma finds things that she never expected to find out about TY and herself.

In my opinion, this book expressed how much TY would face to show Gemma he loved and cared for her and how he would do anything to not risk losing her and keep her safe.

The author really catches the reader’s attention and makes them want to continue reading; she gives detail to help the reader visualize what’s happening.

I would recommend you read this books and others by Lucy Christopher. 3252467457_6b29aa61a6_o