Boring School

08.22.14
Boring School
old school By Kensha In today’s society, teens are more likely to be seen at parties, kickbacks, and in the streets than attending school and in classrooms. I attend Oakland Tech High School and I often see my friends skipping class. Cutting and being late to class is starting to become a trend and is considered “cool”. These habits set a student up for failure and don’t lead to a successful completion of high school. If teens continue down this road there will be an increase in high school dropouts, lower GPA’s, and fewer students walking the stage. It’s not usual for teens to be excited about having to go to a place where they are supposed to learn. School is also turning into a hangout spot instead of a learning environment. Teens need to stand up to the peer pressure and go to class because it will be more beneficial in the end.
  1. Do you think school is important?  Why or why not?
  2. Why do you think students don’t enjoy school?
  3.  What would your dream school be like?
  4. Do you consider class boring? Why or why not?
  5. Do you think learning should be fun? Why or why not?
  6. Have you ever wanted to skip class, if so why?