Different Dreams From Varying Backgrounds
No matter the age, one desires to accomplish goals that they have set for themselves in order to become the most successful person they can be. The mainstream definition of success seems to be the attainment of money, fame, or desires. Unsurprisingly though, each distinct person will have varying expectations of what a successful life is.
As high school progresses, I have been contemplating the ways in which I could become a successful individual. Thoughts along the lines of winning piano and writing competitions, and attending a reputable university are a few examples of what appear in my mind. According to Arianna Huffington, the founder of the Huffington Post, success constitutes of money and power most importantly, with well-being, wisdom, wonder, and giving following closely behind. According to Business Insider, Strayer University recently conducted a study in order to define what success meant to most Americans today. Their experiments concluded that most attribute success with being happy in one’s situation in life.
What I would like to know is, In other words, what do they hope to accomplish in order to become successful?
- This is for everyone: How do you define success, and why?
- This is for everyone: Do others around you, such as family and friends, have similar views on success?
- How do you feel about the other people’s views of success?
- How do you plan on achieving success?
- Do you believe that your family’s background may have influenced your view of success?
- Do you think success will come easily?