Get Home Safely

03.21.14
Get Home Safely

By Elsimarie F.

Dom Kennedy live @ Regency SF

I have always been a huge fan of Dom Kennedy. Ever since I heard his project 25th Hour, I was instantly hooked. Curious as to what other amazing albums or mixtapes he had, I dugged in deeper to find that his music went beyond 25th hour. Dom Kennedy is a 29 year old West Coast rapper from Leimert Park, Los Angeles. After dropping the Yellow Album in 2012, I wondered what he had in store next. On October 15, 2013, Dom released Get Home Safely. Of course I had to book the date on my calendar to remind myself to cop it as soon as it dropped!  Don’t get me wrong though, my favorite song has got to be The 5 Year Theory. It sets aside the fact that Dom not only can bring out that summer serenity feel – but he can also spit. Get Home Safely is definitely equipped with majestic sounds. This album features a few artists such as Nipsey Hussle, TeeFLii and Skeme. It is a great album to listen to while enjoying the sun, driving around town or to just kick back and relax. There really isn’t much of a downside to this album because, in my opinion, all the songs are tight. I would recommend Get Home Safely to all the hip-hop junkies out there because it genuinely is a really amazing album. Dom Kennedy is too smooth with what he writes, this is a reason why he’ll never disappoints his fans.