Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit Movie Review

02.27.14
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit Movie Review

By Samir

Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit is a movie about a soldier who gets injured and is in the process of recovery.  [Slight spoiler alert]. He was temporarily paralyzed leg down and had to train to get his walking ability back. He had a personal doctor who helped him till he recovered and later fell in love. They later moved to New York together so Jack can work as an analyst for Wall Street and his girlfriend Kathy can better her doctor training.  Jack then got hired to be a secret investigator to find out why Moscow’s stocks are high, but can’t tell anyone. He only tells Kathy he’ll be at Moscow on a business trip. Days later after his arrival to Moscow, Kathy surprises him at his hotel room but he wasn’t there. She finds a gun on his bed and is confused.

3526245595_d9d7e2375c_o

When Jack gets back to his room, he tells her he’s a secret investigator. She’s then relieved but is now stuck helping him find a USB from the man behind Moscow’s money trade, Viktor that solves their answer.  They finally get what they want at the end of their life-threatening mission and head back to New York to stop Viktor’s son from blowing up Wall Street. I personally liked the movie and it’s a really good kick-start to 2014s movie box office. What I really liked about this movie is the performance and dedication Jack, played by Chris Pine, puts in into his character. It’s by far his best acting I’ve ever seen him perform. I personally think talking sense could have ben shortened and action sense could have ben added.

I would definitely recommend this movie to people who are into the whole CIA and government theme. In my opinion, this movie deserves a 3.5 out of 5 stars. I would give it a higher rating, but it’s long slow transitioning scenes after every major action part gets boring and slows the movie down. I would definitely watch it again if I’m really bored and most likely will do so once its uploaded to Netflix.