Lock Me Up Review

05.16.14
Lock Me Up Review
The Cab

By Katelyn

After a long and impatient wait, I recently listened to the new album, “Lock Me Up” by The Cab.  I was excited for this EP because it has been three years since The Cab had last released an album.

The Cab is a Las Vegas pop-punk band that formed in 2005. The lead vocals, Alexander Deleon, and the former bassist, Cash Colligan, originally posted their music to MySpace. After recruiting a drummer, pianist, and guitarist, The Cab sent a demo to Spencer Smith of Panic! At The Disco. He helped them into the Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen label two years after their formation. The Cab released their first album, Whisper War in 2008. In 2011, they released their second album, Symphony Soldier.

The newest EP, Lock Me Up, consists of five heart-pumping songs. The title song, “Lock Me Up” provides a heavy marching beat.  Deleon sings to his love interest, telling her that he wouldn’t want to leave her love. It is the perfect song to work out to. “Stand Up”, the only song on the EP that is not necessarily a love song, is an inspirational and empowering anthem. It is my favorite song because it is a positive influence to anyone who feels as if they are being knocked down. Also, it is a challenge to sing along to, and it possesses an addicting beat.

The only problem I have with this album is length! Although it is an EP, five songs were not enough to satisfy my three-year wait.

I would recommend this album to those who have a boundless interest in different types of music. I would especially recommend The Cab, as well as their new EP, to those who are in the pop-punk family.