Music and Society

10.24.14
Music and Society

By Kofi

Since day one, music has been a huge part of my life. I was brought up in a household where reggae music was constantly playing. It’s been a family tradition for as long as I can remember to kick back during the summer and enjoy live reggae concerts. I believe this up bring is what has led me to chase music at every opportunity I get. Music now plays an instrumental role in my life.  It was as a freshman that I began to experiment with the art of sampling. Since then I have mastered multiple digital audio workstations as well as taught my self to play the piano. I went from visionless to meticulous. As a music producer I’ve come to see the immense powers of unity and connection that music can exhibit.

1. What role does music play in your life?

2. When did you first start branching out and discovering your own music?

3. Who was/is the most inspirational musician to inspire you and in what ways did they open your mind?

4. Can anyone give an example of how music has strengthened or united your community, your family, or your circle of friends?

5. What role would you like to see music take in our ever-progressing society?

5127877151_fa19f73df8_o