Phone Addiction Is Real

11.04.16
Phone Addiction Is Real
Cell Phone When I got my first phone I knew my parents were giving me more responsibility. My first time getting a phone was on my birthday. I was in the 5th grade and has just turned 10. The phone I got wasn't the best phone it was a galaxy s4 mini but at least it was something. Getting my first phone was a amazing time for me. I knew my parents trusted me more and there was more responsibility to come. Most of my friends already had their first phone and I felt left out. Getting my phone meant that I finally had a little bit of freedom. The first thing I did when I got my phone was get snapchat then later on I got Instagram and other social medias. The most hardest thing for me now at age 14 is staying off my phone. If there was a thing called phone-a-holic I would probably be one. My definition of phone-a-holic is a teenager who treats their cell phone as if it were the most important thing in the world and is on it constantly, also someone who always has their phone in their hands or on their lap. The worst part now is that I think my addiction is getting worse. A new survey in Child Guide magazine, a resource guide for parents, found that the average American child gets their first cell phone when they’re 6 years old. 92% of teens report going online daily including a 4th who say they go online “almost constantly,” according to a new study from Pew Research Center. Phone addiction is real and serious and can be extremely contagious. Some symptoms of Phone-a-holicism are while getting ready to sleep you feel the need to check your phone, you start feeling your phone vibrate just to find out later that it was a false alarm, you carry it in your hand instead of your bag or pocket.