Prince Royce shines in concert

10.30.15
Prince Royce shines in concert
Prince RoyceBy Elizabeth Prince Royce is a Latin singer who started singing in 2010. By 2011, he was on the top list of the Latin Billboards and on the Latino Magazine most beautiful man. One of his most famous songs is “Stand By Me” which I really like because he samples the original “Stand By Me” by Ben E King. Prince Royce’s version has Spanish in it and it’s a bachata ballad. Bachata is originated in the Dominican Republic and it’s mostly about love and heartbreak. One of the things I like about his music is the rhythm and the positive messages he always leaves throughout his songs. Last year I went to his concert. Since he’s my favorite singer, I wanted to meet him so I bought the VIP tickets. Me and my mom drove to San Jose California and got in the VIP line. I was so excited and I could not believe that I was finally going to see him in person. I wanted to jump up and down and cry of happiness at the same time. Once we were inside the building we made a line and there were cameras in the front of the room where we would be taking pictures with him. All of a sudden a lot of people started screaming so I turn around and he passes next to me. I got so happy because finally I got to see him in person. Everyone went up one by one or in pairs and hugged him. When it was finally my turn, I ran up to him, hugged him and told him how much I loved him and his music. We then took a picture and then I hugged him for a long time and finally I gave him a kiss on the cheek. The security then took me and my mom to a table in the same room and told me that a shirt of him, 2 posters, one which was signed by him and a bracelet that said #TeamRoyce was mine. I was so excited because I got to have a bracelet that came from him. It was like he gave it to me. I love bracelets so much so in that moment I knew that I would always wear it. It’s been over a year now and I still wear it. I wear it every day and never take it off. It’s like a reminder that I met my favorite singer and that I had such a great time. I recommend people to go to concerts that they want to go to and especially get the VIP tickets because even though they cost a little more, it’s worth it because you get to meet them in person and you get unexpected gifts that you didn’t know you would get and that may last with you forever. I’m Elizabeth for A Lil Something “Bout Oakland on Youth Radio Raw. For this review and more, visit www.youthradio.org