Relax Rekords Review

01.30.15
Relax Rekords Review

By Kwesi

15105352878_00f951dc95_o

Recently an underground Florida rap group called  “Relax Gang” dropped a mix tape, Relax Gang volume 1.  The group includes J $tash, Kenny Turnup, Teddy Blow, Bukkweat Bill, Lee Cavalli, and Papa Bear.

Almost every song on this tape is a hit, consisting of different rappers, voices, and tones that bring the tape together quite well. Along with the different voices there is also diversity with the beats because they worked with more than ten producers on this twenty-song tape. On Soundcloud this tape has more than 300 thousand plays, gaining rapid fame for the crew.

I’ve been following their music for about a year now and I’ve paid attention to the work they put into their music. As I see it they are creating their own sub genre of rap. Each one of them has their own style and is really putting Florida rap on the map.

Although I really like the tape, there are many explicit subjects that some listeners may not appreciate.  I recommend this tape if you’re interested in high tempo rap that really goes crazy, you can find it on Soundcloud or Datpiff.