Success is the Key to Life

10.17.14
Success is the Key to Life
You Can and Will Be Successful Here

By De’andraney

My whole life I lived in Oakland: the beauty, the violence and the diversity. My mom was on welfare, and my dad was always working . I’ve always lived in the ghetto you could say, but I still managed to stay focused on being successful.

At first I wanted what was on tv. I would wish that I could have the newest shoes or backpacks. It was petty things. All my friends bragged about how they had “everything”. Now that I’m a senior in high school, I could care less about the materialistic stuff. The only thing that really matters is success. Success to me means accomplishing your goals, and sticking to your plan. I had it hard, but I always made a way to put education in front of me.

When I was in the 8th grade I got a scholarship to Holy Names University due to good grades, and I still have the scholarship. That’s not my only option; I can still apply for other colleges. My plan is to go a community college for 2 years then transfer to a UC for 4 years. One major I’m interested in is media. I’ve always had a passion for music. My goal is to become a music producer.

I’m not saying I’m perfect, but I know what I want. Success.The harder life is while your growing, the easier it is for you when you succeed, everybody grows, more and more each day so more experience with a damaged past is more preparedness for your future.