The Reality of High School

01.23.15
The Reality of High School
The Reality of High School

By Angel

When I was little the thought of moving on to the next grade always scared me. I always thought it would be too hard or that I wouldn’t be able to handle it. But for some reason I always looked forward to high school. The movies made it seem like it was all fun and games, barely any work to worry about. One movie I always obsessed over was “high school musical”. Let me just say high school is nothing like “high school musical”. There’s no singing and dancing in the hallways, at least not without getting yelled at. now that I’m actually in high school I face the reality of it. Homework, getting up early, stress, all things that the movies and TV shows show little of. Of course all they ever focus on is boyfriend/girlfriend problems and drama. Now I miss being younger more than ever. Compared to know everything was so much easier. It’s like everything you do counts. You’re either setting yourself up for failure or success. Coming from a character school, compared to other school it’s completely different. Its really small, I see the same people every single day, I feel trapped, the rules are really strict and there’s no off campus lunch. I’m also forced to wear a uniform and forced to look like everyone else.  My image of high school literally was just an image, an imagination. I say all of this to say, don’t always believe the movies and TV shows. They’re there for entertainment, not exactly for the truth.