The Sandwich Spot

02.21.14
The Sandwich Spot
By Adriana Going to Berkeley High School, I am lucky enough to have forty-five minutes of off-campus lunch. Unfortunately, by the time we have rushed out of the crowded hallways and made it out of the courtyard, there is only about thirty minutes left to dash to one’s desired destination. Then wait in line, order, and eat. Of course, one of the main goals is an inexpensive yet filling and delicious meal-- fast. Over recent months a new foodie “gem” appeared on the scene. This place is called sandwich spot, and it has become an instant hit. The spot is close, inexpensive, fast, and mouthwateringly delicious. There are over twenty different unique sandwiches on the menu, as well as a daily special. All for fewer than eight dollars. But because I am a student, I always get the student discount: one sandwich, a bag of chips, and a large soda – seven dollars. When I hit up sandwich spot, I love to get the “YellowJacket”, which includes hot turkey, bacon, cheddar cheese (or any other cheese you want) and avocado. If I’m not feelin’ that, my other go-to is the “Dickie Joe.” This bad boy has got a crispy, sweet triple layer of bacon, crunchy lettuce, tomato and some avocado to top it off.  Whether you’re in a hunger driven rush, or simply want an extra tasty treat, stop by Sandwich Spot on Shattuck Avenue in Berkeley. Take my word, you will not be disappointed. I’m Adriana for Westside Fridays on youth radio raw. For this review and more visit www.youthradio.org Sandwich