UNTOLD: In With The Old Out With The New

03.16.17
This musical composition is a part of Lit Mag: The UNTOLD Issue
You are listening to is a sample beat by Blake Rivezzo-Weber.  In terms of music, sampling is defined as "the act of taking a portion of one sound recording and reusing it as an instrument or a sound recording in a different song or piece".  I chose to use this particular sample because the strings along with the tambourine accompaniment sounded really well together. It relates to our "Untold" theme because a lot of my peers don't listen to this particular genre of music and I believe that my re-use of this song would spark interest. What inspired me to finish making this beat is that I could show it my friends that are in rap groups.  I would love to hear them write lyrics to it. In order to make this beat I used the software program Reason and a MIDI keyboard.  I learned a lot about music production and how much time it takes turning an idea into an actual piece of music.
Blake Rivezzo-Weber was born in Berkeley, California but raised in Oakland by a hardworking family.  His interests include cars, music, and fashion. When it comes to expressing himself music is his go to. He hopes to make music that moves people emotionally and physically. Blake is influenced by artists in all aspects of art like music producers, DJ’s, rappers, muralists, and public figures or speakers. Blake is attending Skyline High School in Oakland and is also currently enrolled in the Bridge Music program at Youth Radio. He hopes to be a music producer in the future after attending college.