V-Day or Pay Day?

02.14.14
V-Day or Pay Day?

By Bakary

Love vs Money

February 14th is supposed to be a day filled with love, but shouldn’t we express our love for each other as a daily routine? Honestly, does matter if you get materialistic items from a person to symbolize their love for you? I feel like Valentine’s Day is another capitalist holiday that people buy into. Capitalism is an economic and political system in which a country’s trade and industry are led by private owners for profit, instead of the state. For example, does a diamond ring measure the true love you have for a person, or is this another way scheme to get into your wallet? Although Christmas is the leading capitalist holiday, Valentines Day comes in 2nd. According to statisticbrain.com Valentine’s Day pulls in an estimated 13.19 billion dollars each year, and the numbers are still growing. Does materialistic items determine your love for somebody?

What does Valentine’s Day mean to you?

What did you guys have planned for Valentine’s Day?

Do you believe that American holidays have any substance still?

How do you think materialistic items represent how much you love a person on Valentine’s Day?