5 Things You Missed in Music Business News

11.13.19

Oakland, CAThings are constantly changing in the music industry and it’s important to stay on top of trends and news updates, especially as an independent artist. We’ve got you covered with a weekly recap of the top stories you need to know.

SOUNDEXCHANGE UPDATE HELPS ARTISTS GET THEIR ROYALTIES FASTER

SoundExchange introduced new features for SoundExchange Direct users. SXDirect is an online client portal giving creators more control and visibility into their royalty accounts. You can now directly upload sound recordings to the system. Also, SoundExchange has a feature to settle overlaps which are when more than one party claims ownership of a master.

MEGAN THEE STALLION PARTNERS WITH COACH FOR FASHION CAMPAIGN

Megan Thee Stallion was just revealed as one of the faces of Coach’s new holiday campaign along with Yara Shahidi.

21 SAVAGE NOT ALLOWED TO TOUR OUTSIDE U.S. BECAUSE OF I.C.E

According to TMZ, 21 Savage can’t leave the U.S. until his immigration issues are settled. His case hasn't been assigned a court date as of publication of this article.

DOLLY PARTON GETS NETFLIX SERIES ABOUT HER MUSIC

Dolly Parton is getting an eight-episode series with Netflix called "Heartstrings." It’s a series of stories about her music that will feature new and old songs from Parton. This is Dolly’s second Netflix deal, the first was a scripted series called "Dumplin’."

SONY MUSIC LINKS UP WITH SATIRE SITE FOR SATIRICAL PODCAST

Sony Music teams up with fake news outlet, The Onion, to produce a satirical podcast called "THE TOPICAL." This daily podcast will focus on current events with a sarcastic twist. Sony Music will provide expertise in content creation, marketing and new technology monetization.