5 Things You Missed in Music Business News

By Edel
06.24.19

Oakland, CAThings are constantly changing in the landscape of the music industry and it’s important to stay on top of trends and news updates, especially as an independent artist. We’ve got you covered with a weekly recap of the top stories you need to know.

Taylor Swift Breaks Records on Apple Music

Taylor Swift's latest release entitled "Lover" broke the record of most pre-adds by a female artist on Apple Music's streaming platform with 178.6k pre-adds worldwide.

Drake Ties with the Beatles for Number of Top 10s on the Hot 100 Chart

With Drake's recent release "No Guidance" he lands his 34th Top-10 song on the Hot 100. This put him tied with the Beatles for second-most ever Top 10s on the Hot 100 chart. 

Noname’s Health Issues Cause Her to Cancel Upcoming Tour

Due to the severity of the Chicago rapper's ongoing health problems she made the decision to prioritize self-care and cancel her summer tour.

Google Gets Sued by Genius

The music lyric site, Genius, accused Google of "lifting" lyrics from their platform without permission by showing how their watermarked lyrics were displayed on Googles search pages. 

T.I. Works with Atlanta Church to End Mass Incarceration

T.I. has partnered with Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta in a "Freedom Day Bailout" campaign. They are working to bail out underrepresented and underserved populations who can't afford their bail.