Amanda Gorman Gets Modeling Contract

01.29.21
Amanda Gorman Gets Modeling Contract (Photo: Jared Siskin/Getty Images for Prada)

DeKalb, ILAfter inaugural poet Amanda Gorman wowed Americans with her poem “The Hill We Climb” at the presidential inauguration, she continues to take the world by storm. On Monday, Gorman signed with IMG Models to add to her list of accomplishments. 

The 22-year-old Los Angeles native has stepped into the fashion and beauty industries with IMG Models which will focus on building her profile through brand endorsements and editorial opportunities. 

The agency confirmed in a tweet that they are now representing Gorman, but have not yet released further details. 

In the week since her performance at President Joseph Biden’s inauguration, Gorman’s fame has skyrocketed. Gorman has gained millions of followers on Instagram and has 1.4 million on Twitter. 

The fashion industry has also taken notice of Gorman where WWD called Gorman "a new kind of style icon," and Vogue reported that the red headband she wore is already sold out.