Zendaya Is the New Face of Valentino

12.09.20
Zendaya Is the New Face of Valentino (Photo: by Steven Ferdman/Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILAt just 24 years old, Zendaya is adding onto her list of awards and accomplishments each day. Her latest achievement includes being the new face of Valentino.  

Valentino’s creative director Pierpaolo Piccioli announced Dec. 4 that Zendaya was chosen as the new face because she “perfectly embodies and represents what Valentino is and stands for today.”

“She is a powerful and fierce young woman that uses her talent and her work to express herself, her values and her generation as well,” Piccioli said, according to WWD.

Zendaya said she couldn’t be more excited about the opportunity. 

“I am honored to have been chosen as the face of Valentino,” she said. “I’m so excited to begin this amazing collaboration with Pierpaolo and the entire Valentino family.”

In September, the Oakland native made history at the Primetime Emmy Awards as the youngest winner of the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her role in “Euphoria.”

Not only is Zendaya an actress and a singer, but she’s been known for her activism regarding the Black Lives Matter movement. She’s also been known for her work in the fashion world. 

Zendaya is currently representing Lancôme’s Lash Idôle mascara and women’s fragrance Idôle. She’s also collaborated with Tommy Hilfiger on several fashion collections of her own.

“Zendaya and Pierpaolo share the identity values of a generation she speaks for, in her most spontaneous, personal and progressive way,” Valentino said, according to WWD