2023’s Dominating Beauty Trends

From statement makeup looks to fun hairstyles, experts predict the beauty trends you can expect to see this year.

02.28.23
2023’s Dominating Beauty Trends (Jamie Street via Unsplash)

With the passing of each year, we see the introduction of new and innovative beauty products, techniques and styles that capture the attention of the masses. This constant influx of new ideas and inspiration helps to keep the beauty industry dynamic, relevant and exciting, providing individuals with an endless array of options to express their artistry.

The evolution of beauty trends is largely shaped by a multitude of factors, including current events, cultural shifts and fashion movements. These factors make an impact that can be seen in the new and innovative beauty elements that are introduced to the market. This year, beauty entrepreneurs predict the following trends that will dominate the industry.

Bob Haircut

Entrepreneurs in the beauty industry predict that this coming year will witness a rise in the number of people wearing bob haircuts. As anticipated, numerous people have been inspired to do the big chop.  

Taylor Swift | Dan MacMedan/WireImage via Getty Images

Faux Freckles

Through media exposure and influencer promotion, faux freckles have grown in popularity as a way to achieve a sun-kissed and playful look. The increased visibility of freckles in the beauty industry has helped to promote diversity and inclusivity, encouraging people to embrace their natural beauty and individuality.

https://twitter.com/duckysmom69/status/1622534856227033088?s=20

Emerald Jewelry

Many people are starting to wear crystals as jewelry, especially emerald gemstones, to promote wellness and positive energy. The trend is growing as more brands combine crystals with other precious gems, such as diamonds, gold and silver to create beautiful and sentimental pieces of jewelry.

https://twitter.com/Bulgariofficial/status/1611331845018521602?s=20

The 90s Blowout

The 90s blowout is a hairstyle characterized by voluminous, bouncy, and curly hair. It was popularized in the 1990s by celebrities and fashion icons, and has recently made a comeback as a trending hairstyle. To achieve the look, a round brush and blow dryer are used to create volume and curls, with some variations incorporating a flat iron or hot rollers.

Hailey Kilgore | STARZ

French Nail Designs

French nails, also known as French manicures, have consistently been a popular nail design choice. However, in recent years, French nails have evolved and have been given a fresh, new look with many different variations. Instead of the traditional white tip, some people are opting for different colors, patterns and embellishments to personalize their French manicure.

Embracing Natural Hair

Many individuals have found that caring for and wearing their natural hair texture can lead to a greater sense of confidence and empowerment. The increasing representation of natural hair in media and popular culture has contributed to this movement, fostering more acceptance of natural hair.

Geffri Maya | Aaron Rapoport/Corbis via Getty Images

Face-Framing Hair Layers

Hair layering has become increasingly popular for framing the face. People are looking for ways to add some shape and dimension to their hair and face-framing layers are a great way to do that. Such layers help to create a more defined and flattering face shape, drawing attention to the cheekbones, jawline, and other facial features.

Zendaya | Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic via Getty Images

Minimalistic Makeup Looks 

The trend in makeup continues to shift towards a minimalistic look that emphasizes healthy, glowing skin. The focus is on skin care, utilizing products that enhance the skin's natural beauty instead of masking it. This has led to an increased demand for “clean” makeup products that helps to create a fresh, dewy complexion without hiding the skin's natural features.

https://twitter.com/seishirokanojo/status/1621456561041457153?s=20

Skin Friendly Makeup Products

The growing demand for skin-safe products is a response to increasing awareness about the potential health risks associated with exposure to harmful chemicals in cosmetics. Consumers are looking for products that contain natural and organic ingredients and many companies are now offering such products to meet this demand.

Underpainting Makeup Technique Underpainting has been used by a number of celebrities, such as Hailey Bieber and Kendall Jenner, for a natural and flawless makeup base. Considering the uproar in natural makeup looks, people were quick to hop on the trend. The underpainting makeup technique creates a natural and radiant complexion, which is perfect for red carpet events, photo shoots and everyday wear.