Celebrate Burna Boy’s Birthday With ‘Love, Damini’

The African Giant designs his future by learning from his past on his latest album.

07.11.22
Celebrate Burna Boy’s Birthday With ‘Love, Damini’ (Joseph Okpako/WireImage via Getty Images)

Afro-fusion sensation Burna Boy released his sixth studio album “Love Damini” on his 31st birthday.

“Love, Damini” marks the Grammy award-winning Nigerian artist’s first studio album in nearly two and a half years. He said the album takes the listener through his birthday experience and pondering on lessons that come with becoming a year older. 

Burna Boy released two singles before the album, “Kilometre” and “Last Last.” 

“Last Last” features a sample from Toni Braxton’s hit song “He Wasn’t Man Enough.” The sample gives the record an undeniable flare upon the first listen and while “Last Last” is a carefree break up song reflecting upon his relationship with British rapper Stefflon Don — it is slowly becoming one of summer’s hottest songs. 

The African Giant took the director’s chair for “Last Last,” giving us an inside glimpse of his world. Burna takes us through his sprawling Lagos estate with his close friends. Showcasing awards and having the time of his life partying with his friends after a break up. 

Although the fun and energetic “Kilometre” released last summer, the first single from “Love, Damini” has done extremely well, boasting over 15 million views on YouTube. 

Burna Boy approaches both of these tracks with similar confidence and style as his past work, staying consistent with his discography and his love of Afrobeats. 

“Love, Damini” is out via Spaceship, Bad Habit and Atlantic Records.