Christmas Day Delight: ‘Bridgerton’ Premieres on Netflix

11.07.20
Christmas Day Delight: ‘Bridgerton’ Premieres on Netflix (Photo: Liam Daniel/Netflix)

Shonda Rhimes is back with another drama series called “Bridgerton” on Netflix that features eight siblings in Regency England. 

The show follows the siblings as they navigate the trials and tribulations of the marriage market in the summer of 1813. The show’s narrator, known as Lady Whistledown, is voiced by Julie Andrews.

The show is based on Julia Quinn’s romance novel series of the same name, but season one is based on Quinn’s first novel “The Duke and I.”

Here’s an introduction to some of its cast. 

Phoebe Dynevor plays Daphne Bridgerton who’s ready to be the center of attention in the 1813 marriage search until things go wrong when she meets a Duke. Dynevor also appears in TV Land’s “Younger.”

Regé-Jean Page plays Simon Basset who recently returned to London and could care less about finding a wife while all eyes are on him. Page has also appeared in the miniseries of “Roots” in 2016. 

Luke Newton plays Colin Bridgerton as one of the younger siblings who finds trouble going after the newest young lady in town. Newton has also appeared in Disney Channel’s “The Lodge.” 

The show premieres on Christmas Day.