Cordae Provides Aid to HBCU Students

07.19.21
Cordae Provides Aid to HBCU Students (Photo: Getty Images/Getty Images for EIF & XQ)

DeKalb, ILRapper Cordae is investing in the education of those attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities with a new scholarship opportunity. 

The 23-year-old is donating the proceeds from his latest single on “Liberated/Music for the Movement Vol. 3 EP” and will donate it to HBCU students through scholarships. Now, the Disney Dreamers Academy and ESPN’s The Undefeated decided to match the money. 

“So many people need the money more than I do,” Cordae said in a statement. “I feel as though when you’re in such a blessed position, it’s important to pay that forward to be a blessing to others. It’s especially important to me to invest in our youth and the future.”

His single includes a collaboration with rapper Common called “What’s Life” to the Liberated/ Music for the Movement Vol. 3 EP, which was released in June. 

Cordae said that if he can spark the brain of a few future world leaders and geniuses, then he’ll “die a happy man.” 

“Young people are the future of our society and the world, so we must do all we can to ensure they are properly positioned to succeed,” he said in the statement.