Episode 6: Nerd ISH

Episode 6: Nerd ISH

12.06.18
12.06.18

Rick and Morty composer Ryan Elder spills the backstories behind fan favorites like “Get Schwifty” and “African Dream Pop” (29:52). DIY-obsessed YouTuber Lauren Riihimaki (LaurDIY) did NOT make her mason jar chandelier (2:16)! And Bumblebee actor Jorge Lendeborg Jr. is a Mr. Miyagi and Marvel fan (17:15). #sorrynotsorry, DC!

#GOALS: LaurDIY

“I was 10 and made this entire Bikini Bottom city. I’m so sad my parents didn’t keep it.”

YR Media’s Merk Nguyen has a naked room that needs serious decorating and Nyge Turner is hungry for a blue check on Twitter. So, who the heck is going to help the two reach their social media and decor goals? None other than do-it-yourself YouTuber LaurDIY (a.k.a. Lauren Riihimaki)! 

Momma I Made It: Jorge Lendeborg Jr.

“Iron Man had a drinking problem. I’m like 12 saying, “Why is this guy so sad?” 

Co-host Nyge Turner calls for backup in a mini ‘Agree To Disagree’ where YR Media’s Merk Nguyen argues DC dominates over Marvel. Who comes in and saves his day? Actor Jorge Lendeborg Jr. (Bumblebee, Alita: Battle Angel) who’s been glowin’ up on the big screen — and pulls a Mr. Miyagi on his younger self.

Rick and Morty Music Wiz Ryan Elder

“So … if he’s doing a lot of burps, he’s drinking a lot of light beer.”

Music producer of Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty, Ryan Elder, gives YR Media’s Merk Nguyen and Nyge Turner the backstories behind the psychedelic tracks heard throughout the show, including fan favorites like “Get Schwifty” and “The Rick Dance”! Oh yeah, did we mention he’s the pioneer of African dream pop?

Be sure to Subscribe and follow us on IG, Twitter, and FB!

Support young journalists and artists