Immerse yourself in Fana Hues’ latest album ‘flora+fana’

Listen to “pieces” and “wild horses” on Fana Hues’ sophomore album.

03.25.22
Immerse yourself in Fana Hues’ latest album ‘flora+fana’ (Courtesy of N Francis)

Wrap yourself in Fana Hues’ ethereal body of work “flora + fana.” 

“flora + fana” marks the California native’s second studio album — following her successful debut “Hues.” She announced the project on Instagram in February, including an animated version of her album artwork. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aovDkZbnuuE

The Pasadena singer unpacks messages about lost love and freedom on her latest single, “wild horses.” While the song is spacey and mystical, elegant strings accompany her echoey harmonies enveloping listeners with warm vocals. The official lyric video takes viewers on a walk with Hues on a grassy field at dusk in between shots of frolicking horses. 

Fana Hues released a first sneak peek to her album last November with her single, “pieces.” she spreads lingering thoughts of damaged love with colorful metaphors throughout the dreamy Tim Maxey-produced track. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYASSfozlz4

Last December, she premiered “breakfast” on the popular "A COLORS SHOW" before releasing it to streaming services the next day.

Fana Hues wowed the world with her debut album "Hues" in 2020. Her standout single “Icarus” put her on the map, leading up to a feature on Tyler, the Creator’s “SWEET / I THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO DANCE” alongside Brent Faiyaz on his summer 2021 album, “CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST.” Hues’ voice is sweet and impossibly gentle, pairing and balancing well with any artist or beat.

“flora + fana” is available everywhere via Bright Antenna.