Halloween Horrors: Must-See Movies to Stream

Here are Halloween movies that have been released since 2019 that are worth a watch.

10.31.23
Halloween Horrors: Must-See Movies to Stream (Billy Aboulkheir via Unsplash)

CaliforniaSpooky season is here, Halloween has really crept up on everyone this year, but regardless, decorations, fun costumes and tons of candy are making their way onto shelves. Movies are also being streamed with tons released every year at this time. 

Scream VI

This highly anticipated movie is part of the Scream franchise dating back to 1996. “Scream VI” stars Jenna Ortega and Courtney Cox. Released in March of this year, many people were excited to watch. This movie is packed with gore, slasher, and horror themes so watchers beware. 

The Addams Family

The animated version of “The Addams Family" was just released in 2019. A huge hit especially with little kids but this is a classic that everyone loves and can get behind. Animated with great graphics and colors, it was an overall hit. Gomez, Morticia, Wednesday, and Pugsley are all iconic characters. Plus, Wednesday has her own spin-off with "Wednesday Addams”, a new TV show.

@animeloviers #theaddamsfamily #movies #fvp ♬ original sound - Some lovers

Smile

“Smile” is a psychological horror movie released in 2022. A highly anticipated fillm making 217 million dollars at the box office right before Halloween. This movie is about a doctor and her patient and the mental horrors she goes through. This movie is filled with jumpscares and plot twists so watch if you’re ready for a good scare ahead of the spooky holiday. 

Flashback 

“Flashback” is a drama and mystery tied into one. Released in 2021, this movie is about a guy who gets flashbacks into his past about a girl who went missing at his highschool. He wants to find out who this girl was and on this journey he revitalizes relationships with old friends while continuing to see these flashbacks.

M3GAN 

“M3GAN” is not only an interesting movie but also a unique character to dress up as this Halloween. This movie is a sci-fi film showing the horror of an AI doll. M3GAN is designed to be a doll who keeps children company while helping parents out, that is until things take a wrong turn.. 

Ayushree Dahal (she/her) is a Bay Area-based journalist.