7 Popular Halloween Costumes of 2023

Barbie and Taylor Swift are among the popular Halloween costumes this year.

10.26.23
7 Popular Halloween Costumes of 2023 (Getty Images)

From Barbie to Beyoncé’s Renaissance Tour, Blockbuster movies and musical artists are driving this year’s trendy Halloween costumes.

Halloween, the annual celebration of spooky, has always been about dressing up in the scariest costumes. However, things look a little different this year, according to Google’s Frightgeist site. 

Here is a look at the seven most popular Halloween costumes of 2023. 

Barbie 

The recent “Barbie”’movie will inspire many Halloween costumes this year, including iconic outfits that appeared in the film such as cowboy fringe, neon roller skaters

pink gingham, “Weird Barbie,” and “Mojo Dojo” Ken

Oppenheimer

A white button-up shirt, a Brown necktie, blazer and a classic fedora hat will be another popular Halloween costume in respect to the movie Oppenheimer. Opening in theaters the same day as Barbie, July 21st, many will do “Barbenheimer” Halloween outfits this year as well. 

Wednesday Adams

Netflix hit series “Wednesday” has been highly searched for this year’s Halloween’s costumes, according to Google’s Frightgeist site. The iconic Nevermore Academy uniform and the original “The Addams Family” black dress are just a few of the outfits from the show that will be worn this Halloween season. 

Little Mermaid

Disney princesses have always been a popular trend among Halloween costumes. However, the new live-action “The Little Mermaid” starring singer and actress Halle Bailey will inspire many to dress up as some of the characters featured in the hill such as Prince Eric or Ursula

Taylor Swift

Many will dress up as their favorite outfit from Taylor Swift’s “Eras” Tour, such as “Fearless,” “Red,” “Speak Now” and “1989.” Couples might also go as her football player boyfriend Travis Kelce and Swift in his Kansas City Chiefs jersey. 

Beyoncé 

Beyoncé’s Renaissance tour has sparked many Halloween costumes this year, from her sparkling gold bodysuit to her “Queen Bee” yellow and black outfit. Some might also dress up from her popular outfits from her past hit songs like “Flawless” and “Single Ladies.” 

M3GAN

The horror film “M3GAN” will also inspire many to dress up a babydoll with a striped bow and Mary Janes. Here are also some M3GAN costumes available. 

Kailyn Rhone, (she/her) is from Florida, but is an NYC-based journalist covering education, technology and culture. Follow her on X @onlykailyn.