Hollywood Writers Reach Tentative Agreement

The walkout started by the screenwriters nearly four months ago was one of the longest of its kind in recent history. Actors, who’ve been on strike since July, remain on the picket line.

09.24.23
Hollywood Writers Reach Tentative Agreement (Albert L. Ortega via Getty Images)

ChicagoOn the picket lines since May 2, the Writers Guild of America reached a tentative deal Sunday with Hollywood media firms that could end the longest entertainment strike in recent history.

The WGA and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers couldn’t agree on a new contract, setting the stage for the nearly four-month walkout.

"WGA has reached a tentative agreement with the AMPTP. This was made possible by the enduring solidarity of WGA members and extraordinary support of our union siblings who joined us on the picket lines for over 146 days," the union said in a statement.

Actors are awaiting an agreement between their union, SAG-AFTRA and the studios.