Kehlani Shares Her Most Intimate Work to Date With ‘blue water road’

The Pop Wensel executive produced-album is sure to please.

05.03.22
Kehlani Shares Her Most Intimate Work to Date With ‘blue water road’ (Steve Jennings/WireImage via Getty Images)

After a slight delay, Kehlani returns with her latest album, "blue water road." Throughout the 13-track project, she delivers her most intimate project to date. 

Kehlani's third studio album was set to release this past winter, but in December, the pop star posted on Instagram stating, "i have some life to go live. a couple things i need to do. places i want to see, things i wanna feel. projects to expand on. it’s not coming so far off from when it was originally expected… but it’s just ever so sliiiiiiightly nudged. life’s sweet..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Se_2mvWec

Kehlani enlists the help of Pop Wensel, who executive produced the nearly 38-minute album. You might be familiar with producers DaeDaePivot and Daoud, the two are most known for closely collaborating with Saba on his latest album "Few Good Things."

The album contains a wealth of features as well, newcomers Blxst and Ambre make an appearance while artists like Syd and pop sensation Justin Beiber make their mark on "blue water road." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsbJvA_ag3c

While the album features some big and exciting names, each feature feels carefully shaped to fit each song without overpowering the album's main theme — honesty. 

Kehlani focuses her journey of self-growth and love on "blue water road" by shedding layers of herself in real-time, exploring motherhood, her love life, and more. 

One thing is for certain, Kehlani is more confident than ever before. "blue water road" is available via TSNMI/Atlantic.