Kehlani’s Latest Visual Will You Make You Want to Love, Love

07.14.20
07.14.20

Kehlani is keeping her fans well-fed during quarantine with a steady drop of new content. The Oakland R&B songstress released the self-directed video for “Bad News,” a track off her second album “It Was Good Until It Wasn’t” and the latest in a collection of quarantine videos shot by longtime collaborator Brianna Alysse.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCbdlKFps1m/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

In the video, Kehlani sings about loving a man who’s married to the game, pleading him to choose her over his dangerous lifestyle. She shows this quite literally, posing with guns and money and donning a wedding dress. The black-and-white shots of her in the dress are woven with colorful shots of her on a stripper pole.

Kehlani directed and produced the video under her Hyphy Williamz moniker – a play on hyphy and legendary music video director Hype Williams. Kehlani’s latest venture, Honey Shot Productions, is also responsible for “F&MU” and “Everybody Business,” two other videos she released during shelter-in-place.

Check out “Bad News” above and listen to Kehlani’s latest album “It Was Good Until It Wasn’t.”

YR Media Statement in Support of AAPI Community