Lexi Underwood: ‘Little Fires Everywhere’ Star to Portray Malia Obama in Showtime Series

03.11.21
Lexi Underwood: ‘Little Fires Everywhere’ Star to Portray Malia Obama in Showtime Series (Photo: Aaron J. Thornton/RedCarpetImages.net via Getty Images)

Lexi Underwood, known for her role in “Little Fires Everywhere,” has been cast to play Malia Obama in the upcoming Showtime series based on former first ladies of the White House. 

The First Lady” will show the personal and political lives through their lens, with season one focusing on Michelle Obama. 

Underwood will portray Malia as smart, progressive and encouraging her parents to make socially-conscious decisions. Viola Davis will play Michelle Obama and O-T Fagbenle will play Barack Obama.

Underwood shared her excitement on Instagram and said she’s humbled and honored to tell Malia’s story. 

“Sitting in so much gratitude. Michelle Obama you and the entire Obama family are the epitome of excellence and will forever be my First Family,” she said.