Tems and Amaarae Shine Bright On ‘Black Panther: Wakanada Prologue’

You don’t want to miss out on Tems' Bone Chilling Rendition of Bob Marley and The Wailer's "No Woman, No Cry."

07.27.22
Tems and Amaarae Shine Bright On ‘Black Panther: Wakanada Prologue’ (Burak Cingi/Redferns via Getty Images)

Prepare to return to Wakanda. A few days ago, Marvel revealed a teaser trailer for the “Black Panther” sequel “Wakanda Forever,” alongside the release of an EP from the sequel at Comic-Con in San Diego.

Wakanda Forever Prologueis a three-track EP produced by Ludwig Göransson. It begins with a cover of Bob Marley and The Wailers hit “No Woman No Cry” by Nigerian singer Tems, followed by “A Body, A Coffin,” by Ghanaian musician Amaarae and finally, “Soy,” by Mexican rapper Santa Fe Klan.

Göransson composed the soundtrack for the first “Black Panther.” For the sequel, he created the soundtrack with a twist and spent days in Mexico and Nigeria “working with traditional musicians, who educated him about the cultural, social, and historical contexts of their music, to create an immersive and enveloping sound world for the film.” 

The EP is a fascinating compilation utilizing music traditions to tell the story of “Black Panther.”

Don’t wait to check out the 10-minute EP.