North West is Bound to Make Music History

The eldest daughter of Kim K and Ye is making the most of her royal roots.

03.14.24
North West is Bound to Make Music History (Stefanie Keenan via Getty Images for Daily Front Row)

California; HaywardIt appears that North West might be making strides in her music career. Recently, the 10-year-old achieved recognition as one of the youngest artists to grace Billboard’s Hot 100 list with her contribution to Ye (fka Kanye West) and Ty Dolla $ign’s track "Talking." During a promotional listening party for Ye and Ty Dolla $ign’s upcoming album “Vultures 2” in Phoenix, the young socialite surprised attendees by announcing her debut album in the works.

Teen Vogue talked all about the potential come-up of hip hop’s biggest progeny.

In a video captured by Brian Long and widely disseminated across various platforms, North West fans erupted with enthusiasm as she revealed that she is working on her debut album "Elementary School Dropout." This moniker exhibits a clever nod to her father's celebrated inaugural studio album, "The College Dropout," which debuted in 2004. During this announcement, North West, donned in all-black Vultures merchandise and sporting an ushanka, shared the exciting news while her father, concealed behind a face-covering mask, stood in support behind her. Specific details about the album remain undisclosed.

Adding to the evening's entertainment, Ye and Kim’s firstborn graced the stage alongside her father during the listening party, where they performed "Talking." Accompanied by her siblings Chicago and Psalm, the familial collaboration added an extra layer of significance to the event. As anticipation continues to mount for the release of “Vultures 2,” marked by another listening party which passed in San Francisco on March 12, and the duo's live debut as ¥$ at Rolling Loud California on March 14, North West's burgeoning music project has undeniably become a focal point of considerable interest. The convergence of familial talent and creative exploration within the West family has sparked curiosity about the forthcoming musical endeavor from the youngest member, North West.

Whenever it comes, the debut project from a highly confident and talented youngster such as North West will prove that musical genius and business acumen run in the family.

Noumaan Faiz, (he/him) is a journalist and entertainer from Hayward, CA who covers culture and entertainment.