Pride Month Playlist

What is Pride Month without music? Here is a playlist to celebrate.

06.07.24
Pride Month Playlist (Doechii | Getty Images)

Happy Pride Month! This month’s playlist celebrates LGBTQIA+ identifying musicians and the OG pride anthems you know and love. All these songs are confidence boosters, invoke nostalgia, and most importantly, make you want to get up and dance!  

Here’s a sneak peak …

“IT GIRL”- Alyiah’s Interlude

TikTok sensation turned popstar, Aliyah’s Interlude, broke the internet when she entered her music era with her single “It Girl.”  The 21-year-old shouts herself out in the song’s intro for sticking to the “Aaliyah-core” lifestyle, an aesthetic she coined for her unique style and carefree mindset.

“360”- Charli XCX

Charli XCX never fails to put a catchy hook together. The hyper-pop track sets the tone of her new album “Brat.” She keeps the tune short and sweet, describing the life of an international model, which is fitting as she gathers everyone’s favorite muses for the visuals. 

“Alter Ego”- Doechii ft. JT

Doechi is letting us know it’s her season with the summer anthem “Alter Ego.” She samples the iconic 1993 house hit song, “Show Me Some Love” by Robin S, that we all know and love, but adds flare to the bridge, slowing it down with her vocals. 

Sydney Wanguhu, (she/her) is from The Bay Area and is an L.A.-based journalist who covers entertainment and culture. Follow her on Instagram & Spotify: @sydneyy._.