Saweetie Releases New Music, Videos

08.10.23
Saweetie Releases New Music, Videos (Kayla Oaddams via Getty Images)

Los AngelesSaweetie’s release of new music has fans anticipating her next big drop. Instead of one single being released by this rapper, she surprised her audience with two singles. One track is titled “Shot O’ Clock” and the other track, “Birthday,” features her now known boo, YG, and Tyga. Saweetie spoke to etonline.com, about the new projects saying, “I think ‘Birthday’ is like, the pregame, and ‘Shot O’ Clock’ is the party, you know?” As far as the inspiration for “Shot,” she said, “When me and my homegirls, my family, my friends are turning up, we always like, ‘Shot o’ clock!'”  “[I knew] we needed a shot o’clock anthem.”

Another surprise that fans weren’t expecting with the release of these two singles are the accompanying music videos that truly tapped into Saweetie’s sensual and seductive nature. The key to elegance is finding the perfect balance and this Icy girl wanted to pay her respects to the original Hollywood glam stars that served as inspiration in her music video for “Shot O’ Clock”. Saweetie told etonline.com, “It’s just the ode to old Hollywood. I love the glamour of it, I love Chelo Alonso, Marilyn [Monroe] was a part of that era, Elizabeth Taylor, but it’s just like, paying homage to those girls who really gave us glamour.” Although this rapper just recently released these two new tracks, fans can’t help but to speculate when she’ll be dropping her highly anticipated album “Pretty Bitch Music”. Unfortunately, she is keeping any details regarding the album a secret for now and suggests that fans stay tuned.

The release of Saweetie’s newest tracks are in perfect timing with her upcoming joint tour with YG, Tyga, and Kamaiyah that’ll be circling the West Coast and kicking off Sept. 21 in Sacramento, California. As Saweetie raps in “Shot O’ Clock,” “Tonight we’re gettin’ white girl wasted, ayy/Clique full of baddies, no basics, ayy … This gon’ be an icy girl favorite, ayy/Shots got me leanin’ like the Matrix, ayy.”