‘Saturdays’ = Chi-Town, Skating and Black Joy

03.25.23
‘Saturdays’ = Chi-Town, Skating and Black Joy (The new coming-of-age comedy “Saturdays,” starring Daria Johns, Danielle Jalade and Peyton Basnight, is now streaming on the Disney Channel. | Disney)

ChicagoWhat happens when you mix three best friends, two crazy yet loving parents, Chi-town roller skating with a sprinkle of culture, music, and fun ALL on the best day of the week? You get the new Disney original show “Saturdays”!

“Saturdays” is a brand new coming-of-age comedy that focuses on 14-year-old Paris Johnson and her two best friends Simone and Ari. The three have a passion for skating at Saturdays, a local skating rink in Chicago. They form their very own skate crew called the We-B-Girlz, highlighting how they have the hottest moves in the whole city. The new series, executive produced by Marsai Martin, the youngest EP to date in Hollywood, has been in the making since 2021 and is now finally here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoRLucvabRU&t=1s

Danielle Jalade, who plays leading lady Paris Johnson, states, “It feels… so surreal. I feel like even though, like you [Avery] said, almost two years later, I still feel the same amount of excitement… I don’t even know how to explain it, but it’s a feeling I feel like I’ll never be able to get over.” The entire cast expressed their excitement for the series’s release, stating how they  believe the audience will love it. “Man. This show. It’s different,” said Jermaine Harris who plays Paris’s brother London. “…In all aspects, from the storytelling, to who’s in it, to how we’re telling it, to how authentic and how real it is. It’s a 10 out of 10 all around.”