Show Us the Money: 2 Chainz Helping Fund HBCU Entrepreneurs

10.28.20
Show Us the Money: 2 Chainz Helping Fund HBCU Entrepreneurs (Photo: Paras Griffin/Getty Images for Feed Your City Challenge/Atlanta GA)

DeKalb, ILRapper 2 Chainz is looking to give back to HBCU students by creating a fund to financially support students at historically Black colleges and universities who have launched businesses.

The initiative, called the Money Maker Fund, was inspired by his song “Money Maker” and pays homage to Black schools. Students must have an active business and be in good academic standing at an accredited HBCU to participate.

“If you are an HBCU student and you currently have a business that’s up and running, I created the Money Maker Fund,” 2 Chainz said in a video posted on Twitter. “I would like to invest into your business, your idea.” 

Students also must submit a presentation deck that encompasses an executive summary, company description and a solid marketing and sales plan by Nov. 6.

2 Chainz, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, attended Alabama State University on a scholarship and has shown appreciation to HBCUs throughout his career. 

Throughout the pandemic, the rapper has also given back to healthcare workers in Atlanta by buying them lunch and handing out meals to the homeless