Taylor Swift is one of the most successful female songwriters and singers in this century.
She stands at just 8th place behind Michael Jackson on the Billboard “Greatest Artists of all Time” list. She has broken multiple all-time records and has an unreal amount of awards for her work. She may have written some amazing songs that are recognizable everywhere, but there is also music that she has produced that not a lot of people know about.
Swift’s fans know that her gems are the stories in her lyrics. Although her most popular songs have stories, her other songs do too. Taylor writes all of her songs with touching and tender lyrics, all while keeping a good tune. Here are the best Taylor Swift songs that you have probably never heard:
- Long Live: This song is from her 4th studio album, “Speak Now.” Dedicated to her band and crew, It tells a brave story of a young love in a fantasy world where they become the rulers of their own world.
- Daylight: From her 7th studio album, “Lover,” this song was written for her lover, Joe Alwyn. It captures the warm, passionate, and consuming feeling that love is. It's a beautifully written song that makes you just want to smile and sing along.
- No Body, No Crime: This sound is as devious as it sounds! Taylor wrote a dark crime horror story for her 9th studio album, “evermore.” The story is about a husband who allegedly murdered his wife after she found out about his mistress.
- The Archer: Jumping into a more sensitive topic, this song on “Lover” is about multiple things. It can be interpreted in many ways, but the most common are anxiety, the feeling of self-sabotaging, and trying to grow into a healthier person. This song is very relatable to those who feel that they have been both the instigator and the victim.
- The Best Day: This song on “Fearless (Taylor’s Version)” was dedicated to her mother, Andrea Swift. It's a tender song about growing up but always having her mom right next to her through everything.
- Jump Then Fall: I think this song on “Fearless (Taylor’s Version)” is one of her most underrated songs ever. It has a fun, bouncy feeling to it and the song is about a crush or someone who you would want to take the risk of jumping into a new relationship with.
- Cornelia Street: Cornelia Street on “Lover” is a song about a love you cherish so greatly that you literally never want to lose it and you would simply never get over it. A love so strong that if you broke up, you would never do things you did with that person ever again.
- I’m Only Me When I’m With You: This song is on Taylor Swift’s debut album named after herself, dedicated to her best friend, and is about knowing your best friend so well that you can truly be free to be who you are with them.
- The Lakes: Referencing England's lake district, this song on “folklore” reflects Taylor's time as a young singer and all of the mistreatment she received.
- Clean: Clean is on Taylor’s most popular album, “1989,” but I feel that this song needed to be included. This song is about being clean to a past relationship as someone is clean to alcohol or drugs. It has a synth beat and really captures the feeling of being free from something that has had you chained for so long.