Teen Shines in HBO Max’s ‘Charm City Kings’

10.24.20
Teen Shines in HBO Max’s ‘Charm City Kings’ (Photo: William Gray/HBO Max)

DeKalb, ILSummer Sundays in Baltimore were made for riding your dirt-biker down the streets for the Midnight Clique, which 14-year-old Mouse desperately wants to join in HBO Max’s “Charm City Kings.” 

Mouse, played by Jahi Di’Allo Winston, just lost his older brother, Stro, who was a top rider in the clique. Adults in Mouse’s life work to ensure Mouse reaches his full potential after the death of his brother, but Midnight Clique’s leader, Blax, played by Meek Mill, lures Mouse into the group instead. 

The coming of age drama, released Oct. 8, is inspired by the documentary called “12 O’Clock Boys,” which features Baltimore’s dirt bike scene. 

Winston is no stranger to the big screen. He’s known for his lead role in Sony Pictures & Screen Gems film​ “Proud Mary​,” Junior in “Queen and Slim” and Young Ralph Tresvant in BET’s “The New Edition.” 

Actress Teyonah Parris plays Mouse’s mother Teri. Harris has been featured in movies such as “If Beale Street Could Talk” and “Dear White People.” She’s also known for roles in “Mad Men” and “Chi-Raq.” 

Will Catlett plays Detective Rivers in the show as someone who’s a positive influence on Mouse. Catlett is known for roles in “Force of Nature,” OWN’s “Love Is” and The CW’s Network “Black Lightning.”