Listen to Tierra Whack’s New EP, ‘R&B?’

12.20.21
Listen to Tierra Whack’s New EP, ‘R&B?’

Tierra Whack’s latest EP, “R&B?”is the third and seemingly last installment in a series of projects that debuted earlier this month. Before the Dec. 16 release of “R&B?,” the Philly rapper dropped EPs “Rap?” and “Pop?”.

Fans looking at Tierra Whack's Instagram can guess that her latest string of projects is connected in more ways than one, serving as a gentle reminder to Tierra Whack's intentional approach to music consumption. Each artwork shows an individual holding hands with the other. When looking at them side by side — they connect seamlessly — emphasizing the relationship between Whack’s recent EPs and the genres each EP represents.

As implied by its title, the three-track album features soulful, heartfelt songs that are reminiscent of XXX and that feel as unique as Whack herself. The question mark speaks to the genre's diversity of sound, as well as the relatively trivial nature of putting music into boxes.

As proven on previous albums, singles, and other projects, Whack continued to display one-of-a-kind versatility and individuality on “Rap?,” “Pop?,” and most recently, “R&B?”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkogtMcqaj0

Whack dropped a music video yesterday for “Heaven,” the first single. The visual showed the singer-songwriter walking in the rain with an umbrella, as she sings the dedication to lost loved ones.

Listen to “R&B?” below and watch Whack's video for “Heaven,” above.