Break a Sweat! Beyoncé and Peloton Provide $1M in Memberships to HBCUs

12.05.20
Break a Sweat! Beyoncé and Peloton Provide $1M in Memberships to HBCUs (Photo: BET/Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILThe costs of a working out and leading a healthier lifestyle is now less expensive for students at some Historically Black College and Universities thanks to a generous donation from entertainment legend Beyoncé and Peloton.

The collaboration provides two-year digital memberships valued at more than 1.1 million dollars to Bennett College, Clark Atlanta University, Grambling State University, Hampton University, Howard University, Morehouse College, Morehouse School of Medicine, Spelman College, Texas Southern University and Wilberforce University. 

The membership grants them unlimited access to live and on-demand fitness classes from instructors on the Peloton App.

"I've been a Peloton member for several years, and I'm excited to partner with a company that helps people, young and old, be the best versions of themselves, in an innovative and adaptable way,” Beyoncé said. “I'm proud to celebrate the students at HBCUs with this donation, to encourage them to find and embrace their own wellness regimens."

Clark’s President, George T. French Jr., said the digital membership follows the university’s mission to ensure students are in good health during the pandemic. 

“Our students are our top priority, and we remain dedicated to ensuring they not only receive a world-class education, but their physical and emotional well-being is supported as well,” he said.