Episode 2: Her ISH

11.08.18
11.08.18

Muslim American Olympian Ibtihaj Muhammad yacks evil smoked salmon and wins an Olympic medal (2:22).  Young actress Sydney Sweeney (Eden from The Handmaid’s Tale) gives sound advice to her dead character (35:49). And co-host Merk kicks Nyge off the show and brings on YR Media correspondent Charlie Stuip to chat about vajayjays and pap shmears (18:10)!

#GOALS: Ibtihaj Muhammad

“I have to be honest, I’ve never been in love with the sport … I’m just very competitive.”

You don’t want to mess with badass Ibtihaj Muhammad unless you want to be #humbled by the first Muslim-American woman to wear a hijab while competing for the 2016 Summer Olympics.  Merk Nguyen and Nyge Turner talk to Ibtihaj about the need for her “modest” clothing line Louella and the bullsh*t she had to deal with while on the U.S. Olympic team.  Be sure to also check out her memoir — “Proud: My Fight for an Unlikely American Dream”!

Momma I Made It: Sydney Sweeney

“Honestly, I would tell Eden to have Nick’s babies!”

Despite her characters with dark backstories and tragic endings, 21-year-old actress Sydney Sweeney (The Handmaid’s TaleSharp Objects) is doing just fine. YR Media’s Nyge Turner and Merk Nguyen get Sydney to spill the beans on her acting methods, her co-stars who are slaying the industry, and to share why being a woman can be hard AF.

Pelvic Exam vs. Pap Smears

“I’m not a medical professional. I’m a 17-year-old girl who was curious.”

Co-host Merk Nguyen gets the lowdown on the basics of pelvic exams from 17-year-old YR Media correspondent Charlie Stuip. The ladies cover what the difference is between a pelvic exam and pap smear (not to be confused with bagel shmears), how American sex ed fails us, and your rights as a patient. You can also see Charlie’s reporting on YouTube if you want to speculate how a speculum works.

Be sure to Subscribe and follow us on IG, Twitter, and FB!

Support young journalists and artists