Her ISH

11.08.18
Her ISH

Merk Nguyen takes the lead in this female-focused episode where her and Nyge Turner talk about rising up against the haters, honoring role models, and representation with their guests. Muslim American Olympian Ibtihaj Muhammad yacks evil smoked salmon and wins an Olympic medal (1:47). Young actress Sydney Sweeney (Eden from The Handmaid’s Tale, Cassie Howard from Euphoria) gives sound advice to one of her dead characters (17:10). 

#GOALS: Ibtihaj Muhammad

"I have to be honest, I’ve never been in love with the sport... I’m just very competitive."
(Courtesy of Ibtihaj Muhammad)

You don’t want to mess with badass Ibtihaj Muhammad unless you want to be #humbled by the first Muslim-American woman to wear a hijab while competing for the 2016 Summer Olympics.  Merk and Nyge talk to Ibtihaj about the need for her “modest” clothing line Louella and the bullsh*t she had to deal with while on the U.S. Olympic team.  Be sure to also check out her memoir — “Proud: My Fight for an Unlikely American Dream”!

Momma I Made It: Sydney Sweeney

“Honestly, I would tell Eden to have Nick’s babies!”
(Courtesy of Sydney Sweeney)

Despite her characters with dark backstories and tragic endings, 21-year-old actress Sydney Sweeney (The Handmaid’s TaleSharp Objects, Euphoria) is doing just fine. Nyge and Merk get Sydney to spill the beans on her acting methods, her co-stars who are slaying the industry, and to share why being a woman can be hard AF.

Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher or Google and follow us on IG, Twitter, and FB!