5 Tips to Mental Wellness

06.12.24
5 Tips to Mental Wellness (Getty Images)

Here is a compilation of tips for maintaining, improving and better understanding your mental health.

It’s Okay To Ask For Help

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with feeling off and asking for help to get back to yourself. Life happens to everyone and things take place that we can’t control all the time. Do yourself a favor and reach out to a trusted loved one or a profession in your times of need. 

Celebrate The Tiny Victories, Too

Many people set massive goals but forget about the baby steps that it takes to reach. Celebrate the small wins happening in your life just as much as the big ones. 

Learn More About Your Own Mental Health 

Whether this be through asking a medical professional or doing your own personal research, learning more about your mental health is a great way of sustaining positive mental health and regulating it when it isn’t in a great place.

Prioritize Self-care

Self-care doesn’t just mean slapping on a face mask and taking a bubble bath. Doing things such as establishing an exercise regimen, getting sufficient sleep each night and taking breaks when necessary are all forms of self care. 

Give Yourself Grace

Even when you mess up, give yourself grace. None of us are perfect and this is the first time we’re living this life. We’re going to make mistakes and have slip-ups along the way. 

If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis such as thoughts of suicide, call 988, the Suicide & Crisis Hotline. To speak with the NAMI Teen & Youth Adult Helpline, call 1-800-950-6264 or text “HelpLine” to 62640.